- Your health needs change from year to year.
- Have you been diagnosed with a new condition?
- Has an old condition improved or resolved?
- Added or discontinued medications?
- Have your doctors changed?
- Have some of your meds gone from brand to generic?
- Your current plan may cost you more annually in 2016 even if “monthly premiums” remain the same. These “hidden” costs include:
- Increased co-pays for doctor and ER visits
- Increased percentage you pay for services including blood tests, Xrays, etc.
- Higher deductibles
- Higher out of pocket maximums
- Less daily coverage for initial hospital and nursing home stays
- Your doctors (both current and potential) may not accept your current plan
- Your current MD may have stopped accepting some Medicare Advantage plans
- If you have chosen a new MD, they may not accept your current plan
Review your plan and other options now. Open enrollment period is October 15- November 7th 2016